Monday, November 23, 2009

a turning point...

so i think its time i pay attention to the body God has given me. of course I try to eat right, exercise when i remember, and i dance and worship sign, so I'm aware of my body, I just don't think i'm very intentional about it.

this has been something that has been brewing in the back of my mind. this might sound lame, or stupid, but i think i don't work out because im afraid to be found attractive. as much as i desire that, it scares me. i desperately don't want to make anyone stumble that i've gone to the extreme and im afraid to be attractive. my mother will tell you i'm already attractive, but i don't think so.

anyway, i have begun to workout. everyday i'll spend a half hour on the cross trainer machine working my way up until i can spend an hour on it. My goal is to be able to run through and around campus without feeling like im going to die. I would like to also start lifting weights. I'm not quite sure how to do that. I've been told free weights are better than the machines. but im afraid of dropping them on my toes :) so im working on finding someone that will lift weights with me. I want to get in a good routine about taking care of myself. my father has always stressed how important this is, so I guess i'm taking control of it and finally doing it.

so if you read my blog, and i haven't mentioned working out in awhile, ask me! thanks :)

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment