Sunday, November 29, 2009

something better...

so it happened again. a word, a "phrase" from God popped into my heart.

"there's something better,"

driving tonight to return our pop can collection and purchase some pretty twinkling christmas lights, my thoughts drifted to last sunday. MItchell was singing the song, "I'll Pour My Love On You." and the band remained in their seats. I found myself listening, just soaking in the words that Mitchell was singing. then the phrase, "There's something better," popped into my heart. This has happened before. I have received words from God to give to other people, the most recent has been two words to Britta. I'm not even sure if she knew that they were words that I had received.

so tonight I came to the realization that GOD is the "something better" than what I've been doing with my time, energy and my heart. I've been pushing myself in all sorts of directions, letting myself get torn here and there, not allowing God to be my rock. So the "something better" just happens to be putting my energy and love into God himself. how beautiful and refreshing is that. Its incredibly hard to love something so big, and yet its the most beautiful, awful, joyful, peaceful feeling in my entire existence. No one ever told me that love felt easy. Sometimes it rips you apart, and sometimes it puts you back together. This time its putting me back together while stripping away the unneeded stress and energy in my life.

anyway. So the word isn't just for me. Its for someone else as well. I've prayed about it, and meditated on it, waiting for the peace to come about this other person, and NOTHING. so tomorrow I'm going to tell him. That's it, that's what I have to do. I don't know why or how, but "There is something better" for them as well.

well its 1 am, and I have to be up at 7:30 for church. YAY :) i love going to River Tree. so cool. such a blessing! see you on the flipside

cm

ps...this is my theme song for the week, enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQov8EIdt4

No comments:

Post a Comment