Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Adventure Called Life Day 038

today in Chapel a lady from The Hollywood Prayer Network spoke. I think I might have found a kindred spirit :) Listening to her talk with such hope, such passion for American citizens was so uplifting. I have always felt called to America.

Sometimes I think, like that it might be hopeless, and that its the most "uncool" calling EVER. When I tell people that I am called to America, they just roll their eyes and make some comment about how messed up and hopeless we are. Or how we are consumers, and that they don't want to be a part of it. Is it wrong that I'm patriotic? Is it wrong that I love America? Is it wrong that I don't wish I was in another state, or another country? Sometimes I think I might be too comfortable. That I might not be willing to go into the mission field.

This past may, I went to China on my school Cross Cultural trip. That trip helped further solidify my calling to America. Seeing Chinese Christians worshiping God in the face of severe persecution and death, I kept thinking about bringing that reverence and passion back to the American Church. My passion is for authentic worship. Worship meaning a life purposed with serving God and bringing him glory, not just the music portion of Sunday church services. The passion that Chinese Christians had and even the compassion they had for their fellow citizens was astounding.

I can see that same compassion in Karen Covell when she speaks. Karen is the director of The Hollywood Prayer Network. She said something that struck me square in the chest, "We don't boycott people who don't love Jesus in foreign missions, why do we do that to Hollywood?"

what a concept.

she also said something else that hit me, "The Power of the Media can be met by the Power of God." I loved that. It gives hope. God is ALL ABOUT hope. Why do we let ourselves dispair?
Psalm 23 comes to mind...

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me."

I just want to hold on to hope, and keep working on being in the Mission field I find myself at SAU. I know that I can help Hollywood by praying for them. That is so exciting.

what would the world look like if instead of writing hate letters in our hearts, we whispered prayers instead?
better yet, what would it look like in my own life if I prayed, truly prayed for those in need and those who hurt me?

visit www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org to find out how you can partner with this important mission in America.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment