Sunday, November 22, 2009

finding the words...

how do you tell someone you like them? theoretically its quite simple, you just say, "I like you," but practically that is another story.

im not sure if this is the right time either. i am so afraid of being rejected, i have literally torn myself in two. my heart says, "Go for it!" but my head screams, "no! its going to hurt!"

well love hurts. and love stinks. or so the song says.

so do i take the chance? do i tell him how i feel? do i put our friendship at risk? we work together. we're in the same major, we have classes together...what do i do?

O Lord, give me the words. help me to know what to say and when to say it. help me to speak truthfully. help me to be gracious and compassionate. Lord, do I tell me? help me to know what to do. i need your guidance. you alone are God, I am not. I cannot do this on my own. you are my strength and my rock. if i am rejected I will not fall, because my strength and my assurance comes from you.
in Jesus' name,
Amen.

so if you can offer your advice, please do. I just don't know what to do. we have break coming up and I would love to tell him before that so if he does reject me i can have a few days to get over it :)
thanks.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment