Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 126...weekend's end...

Sunday. what a glorious day.

we finished camp at Somerset today. I didn't know what I expected to happen at camp, but I am pleasantly surprised and just so thankful from my teammates. They are amazing. I am glad to be back on campus, but I am sad to not be with my team anymore. We work so well together! Its amazing! I am so thankful for all of them. As some of you know, I struggled last summer a little bit, and I don't expect this summer to be a walk in the park either, but that's just it, I'm choosing to have no expectations. I am not going to expect people to act a certain way, or respond this way or that. I know that I am a servant of a servant. that I have no rights, and that I have no right to expect anything from anyone. I am responsible for myself, and how I react to what happens. i am not to judge anyone or make assumptions.

God has been chipping away at my critical heart for a couple of years now. I am better at not criticizing others, but I still struggle deeply with self criticism. I know that everyone is hard on themselves, but I am terrible to myself. I demand perfection from myself. always. no exceptions. If I can't do it perfect, I don't do it at all.

That's another thing that I need accountability on. I need to realize and come to terms with my imperfections. I need to remember that when I am weak, because of Christ, then I am strong!

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment