Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 098...something better...

I recently received a word from the Lord for someone amazing in my life. It took me awhile, but after some prayerful consideration I delivered it. It was, "there is something better," I didn't know what it meant for them, I still don't. That's between the Lord and them.

anyway, I'm reading a Psalm, a chapter in the Gospels and two chapters in the Old Testament everyday. So today I read John 2. Jesus' first miracle, turning the water into wine, has always puzzled me. I guess I never tried to understand it until now. John 2:9-11 says, "and the master of the banquet tasted the wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best for now."

Then it hit me. There is something better. but i have to be patient, trust, and rest in his promise. Culturally the Jews brought out the good wine first, then the cheap second, because everyone was drunk already and would not notice. But Jesus did not turn the water into "cheap" wine, he broke cultural norm and made it "choice". I take this to mean that what i have right now under my own power can be good, but if I wait and receive it from the Lord, it will be better. Maybe I can use it more to bring him glory that what I am able to gain on my own. Mary took the initiative and asked, maybe I should learn to ask as well.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment