Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 100...back to the arbor...

today I travel back to my home away from home, Spring Arbor University. This marks the beginning of my third J-term. Three weeks of one class, three hours a day, five days a week. This is an relaxing term, but it is also wear new habits can be formed. So far I've managed to read my Bible when I get up and when I go to bed everyday this year (all FIVE days WOOT) and I would like that to keep going, and I also would like to hit the gym everyday this term since homework will be less, and I don't have class until 12:30. Piano becomes a priority since I need to continue to work towards getting my proficiency done. I just want this to go better than last term. I didn't do well with routine at all. so here goes nothing.

I sent Mitch a message on face book a couple of days ago, and it was about John 4:23-24. I ran across this verse again today. Ron Kopicko, our SAU Chaplain send each student a birthday card on their birthday. I spend my 20th birthday at Camp Burton, wonderful place to spend it. Kay and Bridgett had the kitchen staff make a cake. It was beautiful. So anyway, Ron included all these wonderful verses in our cards. Well this morning I ran across this card. I opened it up and went through the stack of cards. I came upon one that says "Be a Worshipper" on the top. The verse is:

"But the hour is coming and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." John 4:23-24

this brought a smile to my face. I had read this previously, and shared it with someone else, a fellow worship arts major :) Then today I get the reminder again. I love this. God is so good!

so this is my resolve, to LISTEN. truly listen. Prayer is important, but the most important part of prayer is to LISTEN. so now I need to pack my car, clean the catbox, make sure i have everything, and then check again, then I drive back to the arbor. pray for no snow. everyone is heading back today!!

cm

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment