Wednesday, January 13, 2010

letting go...

most of you know that the following song "Coming Alive" by Phil Wickham has become an obession of mine. Its an anthem of sorts that has poured into my soul and out of my heart:

I see a banner of love
lifted over our heads
its waving in the sky
and its stained in red

from the far away hills
comes a voice in the night
its ringing in our hearts
like a battle cry

now we're Coming Alive
coming alive
open your heart
take what's inside
and let it go...

Its time. I've done this repeatedly, but lately I've been neglecting this simple, but needed everyday surrender. Taking what's inside my heart, and LETTING IT GO. This act allows God's love, mercy, grace, and peace to flood my heart and mind. By spending time in His word, and listening to him speak, I am filling my heart with God rather than my own selfishness and desires.

I firmly believe that some desires God can use, like my desire and delight in singing. Also my passion for storytelling and prayer can be used by God, but I still have to LET IT GO. I still have to be willing to be surrendered, empty of myself and open to what he's doing.

I just read a friend's Facebook status of, "Waiting for something beautiful." and it struck me. I want that. I want to wait upon the Lord, be patient, and wait for something beautiful. Isaiah 40:31 says, "Yet those who wait for the LORDwill gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."So we're waiting. Seeking God's face. letting go. waiting for something beautiful.


cm

1 comment:

  1. In your ocean, I'm ankle deep
    I feel the waves crashin' on my feet
    It's like I know where I need to be
    But I can't figure out, yeah I can't figure out

    Just how much air I will need to breathe
    When your tide rushes over me
    There's only one way to figure out
    Will ya let me drown, will ya let me drown

    Hey now, this is my desire
    Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
    To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
    'Cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful
    Oh, something beautiful

    And the water is risin' quick
    And for years I was scared of it
    We can't be sure when it will subside
    So I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side

    In a daydream, I couldn't live like this
    I wouldn't stop until I found something beautiful
    When I wake up, I know I will have
    No, I still won't have what I need

    ReplyDelete