Friday, January 22, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 117...writing...

I'm siting in Lara's Coffee House, in Spring Arbor University. I'm surrounded by fellow SAU students, and sipping on a Caramel Macchiato. mmmmMMMMmmmm. I love this place.

I've am so blessed  to be at Spring Arbor University, What a privilege! I been taking advantage of it, I've been taking it for granted. I've been such a fool. I've been chasing boys, chasing fame. I've been sort of running after God. Sort of.

J-term has been really good. I've been able to ease back into the routine of living on my own and classes. I haven't been doing a good job at getting homework done, but I have been getting good grades and all that stuff. I have also managed to get the courage up to start a prayer group for our ministry at River Tree Community Church. A lot of things have been happening at River Tree. Andy, the lead pastor, is now the chaplain of the YMCA where we meet. His wife is also pregnant with their third child! And to top it off, he's cutting back on hours. So they are completely depending on God right now. As it should be.

I've been thinking about this a lot. Completely dependent upon God. WOW. to really live that way would be amazing. To be honest, I really shouldn't want it to be any other way. Life would be, and is an adventure. I will continue to strive live this way. I will continue to pray that God would make me more and more dependent upon Him each day.

so the title of this random post is WRITING. and that is one of my passions. its a hobby. Its a way for me to express myself, let off steam. Music is different. Music is something that lets me BREATHE. It allows me to physically LIVE. I don't know how else to describe it, but singing, im not talking in the shower singing, real vocalization, is so sweet. It is breath and life itself sometimes to me. I know it sounds weird, it sounds creepy, and its sounds weird. But its me. Its who I am. When people ask me who I am, I reply that I am a vocalist. Then comes the writing and the dancing. But primarily who am I? a SINGING CHILD OF GOD. if I could sing my words, rather than just speak them? OH YES. ever wish you're life was a musical? I do. All the time. I constantly am thinking of songs that would go along with what is going on at that moment.

I often wonder if I miss out on life because I'm so absorbed in music, and its story. I also love film, and the stories that come from that. I often wonder if I miss the story of my own life...I'm also consumed with what the Bible stories are, or what the movies stories are, or what the story behind the song is...I just wonder if I'm missing the story in my life right now...well. probably. to be honest, yes. I am. not all the time, but once in a while, I miss it. As much as I love story, I miss my own life's story. Now that is just sad. I'll work on that. Right now.

so story. tell a story of what happened, what crossed my path today. Hmmm...

I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm going skating for Tuques tonight, so there should be a story somewhere...

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment