Monday, January 4, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 099...your love never fails...

this summer I rediscovered Jesus Culture, and Kay Hinkle brought to our wellspring team the song, "Your Love Never Fails."

today I was reading Lamentations and I came across Lamentations 3:22-24 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed. for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "the Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him."

I usually don't like to lament, or even think about lamenting. I like to be happy, joyus all the time. But there is a place for lament. So, I am reading Lamentations as my old testament book for now...a couple of weeks ago Andy Merritt, lead pastor at River Tree Community Church in Jackson, MI. It was the third week of advent, and the sermon was on Hope in the waiting. He used this Lamentations passage as an example. I read this this morning, let it mull over, then went about my day. I was listening to some music off of my ipod while lifting weights and the song, "your love never fails" came on. I almost dropped the weight in my hand! the lyrics are straight out of this passage. I loved it. I always found this song to be hopeful. I guess I just never put it into the context of lamenting. You can remain hopeful while lamenting. I believe if to be entirely possible. Praise the Lord!

You stay the same through the ages,
your love never changes
there maybe pain in the night
but joy comes in the morning
and when the oceans rage
i don't have to be afraid
because I know that you love me
and your love never fails
-Jesus Culture -  Your Love Never Fails

tomorrow I will find myself back at the arbor. I'm excited.I can't wait to see everyone, and most importantly get back to River Tree. I am anxious to learn what God has been doing while we've been away...and I"m nervous. God has been doing a lot in me these past three weeks. I'm not the same woman who left Gregory House at noon, thursday afternoon during exam week. I just pray that I stay this way, open, surrendered and LISTENING.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment