Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 243...the family...

I am super blessed. I say it all the time, but I'm super thankful I don't have a huge family that I get lost in. There are always only eight of us at family events. That includes, my parents, my brother, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle and myself. Now I'm sure things would be different if my other grandparents were alive, we would probably have two events that were similar in size and occasionally come together for things...

anyway, they came over today to celebrate my brother's and my birthday. We share the date, three years apart :) super cool. wasn't so much when we were in grade school, but I wouldn't have it any other way. So, they arrived after we got back from church. Cooking lunch/dinner ensued. Then we ate, and went outside. My father has requested the wood chips get used...so off we went, pulling weeds and spreading chips. My aunt and uncle were cracking jokes like, "where's the salsa to go with these chips?" in their funny fake mexican accents...I played along, somehow we got on the topic of Blue Hawaiians, and how they are alcoholic (don't ask, I don't remember how we got on this subject!) then I said, "So, I'll know who's an alcoholic," My uncle, asked, "what?" I shot back, "Well, they'll be blue..." and they laughed, my uncle said something to the effect of 'you've been hanging out with us too long,' and he smiled. Inside I'm sure he's back pedaling, trying to figure out when I became able to match wits with him! They used to make fun of me so bad, I'd cry, now not so much! take that Uncle Bryan! :)

well, now its time for the Coke 600. It still amazes me that the teams can build a machine that runs for 600 miles, BUILT BY HAND, and runs flat out, on the floor the entire 600 miles. WOW. that's really something. I'm off to enjoy the race...

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment