Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 239...talking with God...

my daily devotional, SOLO by Eugene Peterson (the makers of the Message // Remix) had me lie face down this morning to talk to God. It instructed me to ask God for further instruction about something in my life...

I loved it. At first I was a little weirded out, I was supposedly "praying to heaven" and I was staring at my carpet, it felt a little out of whack. Then I began to realize that I could be praying or just "conversing" with God right in my room. I could be transported to his throne room, and fall face down, asking for his advice. As I began to let this become a reality, that I was in the presence of God, not just "phoning in" I began to really enjoy humbling myself before him.

I never really thought I would enjoy humbling myself before him, but as I have allowed him to change my heart, and as I have really run after the life of a servant, I have begun to rejoice in being humble, and rejoicing in the fact that I CAN'T DO IT ON MY OWN! Hallelujah! I can't do it on my own!

So I prayed about Well Spring. I prayed for each team member and the camps we are headed to. I asked God for further instruction about it. I kept getting, humble, humble, be a servant, love them as I love you. I am very excited for this. Thanks Lord.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment