Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 236...as is...

Have you ever thought about how Jesus called his disciples? Today in service, my Pastor, Dr. Bradley T. Trask, presented the idea that Christ is an "as is" Savior. I was intrigued by the title, and even more interested as he broke it down.

His main point was that Christ should be the center of your life. He also stressed how Jesus called his disciples. He called Matthew very simply. He didn't ask Matthew in so many words to "give up everything, leave behind what you want and follow me," He just simply said, "follow me." Have I answered that call? truly answered it? Of course I'm a "follower" of Jesus Christ, but am I following him the way that Jesus would have me? probably not. I have began the journey of giving up my personal wants and desires and replacing them with God's own. I desire to truly please him, to know Him intimately and have a deep relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. Its very exciting.

The last verse of the passage, Matthew 9:9-13 really stuck out to me. (vs 13) it says, "But go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice. For I have not come to call the righteous but sinners." I love this. so. much. The idea that Jesus doesn't want our fluff and our work, he just wants US. He wants to do the work, the chiseling, the reconstruction. We sing it all the time, "He is jealous..." He truly is. Do we believe it? Do we believe that God desires US above anything we could ever think, say or do?

I thought that the song by Jesus Culture, "Where you Go I go," went very well with this idea.
below is the link to the youtube video enjoy.

Where You Go I Go - Jesus Culture

Lord,
I lay aside everything. I follow you and you alone. Lord, find me where I am, meet me here and show me mercy. God I long to know you and your ways. Reveal to me your face. I search for you O God. Where you Go I go, what you say, I say. What you pray I pray. I love you.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

cm

PS. just a little reminder to be praying for all the Well Spring teams. We head out back to campus for training then out to camps next month. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment