Monday, May 24, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 237...the reversal of brokenness...

I really enjoy going to Sunday Night service. I was especially glad to go to service last night since there was a missionary speaking who is heading to Tel Aviv, Israel with his family. I find foreign missions to be extremely admirable. I am called to America, but I am still called to me a "missionary". 

I firmly believe that I am called here to America. I also believe that every Christian who truly wants to follow Christ is a missionary, regardless if they are on "foreign soil" or not. We are really always on foreign soil, as Heaven is our Home, Earth is not. anyway, I got this vision of how I am to live that calling out.

1 Corinthians 2:1-2 says," When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom and I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified," Paul is talking about entering the city of Corinth. When you would enter the city, you would see hundreds, maybe thousands of people hung on crosses being crucified along the road. The Romans were exhibiting power by causing brokenness. Paul came to show that power could be found IN brokenness, and the ultimate reversal of it. Jesus Christ is that reversal. 

I have often wondered if I am truly following Christ. I now believe that if I live each day to know Christ and him crucified, I will begin to be an agent of the reversal of brokenness. I will truly follow Christ. I am not expecting perfection, but I am expecting power. I am expecting God to move. Without expectation is to doubt God. I am expecting God to come through on his promises to heal, to come and send power, to always love and be there. I am expecting God to be everlasting, to be my strength always. 

cm 

No comments:

Post a Comment