Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Adventure Called Life Day 095...reflections...

Happy last day of 2009 everyone :)

part of me is really excited to see what this year will bring, and the other is sad to see yet another year pass me by. I will admit to living constantly in the future, what will happen next. Goodness, I'm even doing it now. I'm getting ready for the day after working out, eating breakfast, shower and now I'm siting here talking to you, and It all I can think about is getting to Brighton for some shopping and relaxing at the bookstore. I'm always focused on the future, even if it is just a couple of hours ahead.

Lord,
help me to live in the present. reveal to me what you have for me in the moments where I am idle, and I find myself pining for something to do. thank you.
in Jesus' name
Amen.

so as I reflect back on this past year, I have become more patient, and even more kind. I have been able to harness this unbelievable joy of being saved by grace and I carry it with me everywhere I go, letting it fill the places and people I am with. There's no other way to live in my opinion.

John 13:5 says, "By this all men will know you are my disciples if you love one another."

This has been my anthem this year. I would like it to continue into 2010 and the rest of my life. I believe that in order to be truly united with Christ we must love one another. Its the correct reaction to what Jesus has done on the Cross for us and his conquering of death, Hell and the grave, bridging the gap and becoming our intercessor. LOVE.

 "1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
 5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
 6Who, being in very nature God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
 7but made himself nothing,
      taking the very nature of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.
 8And being found in appearance as a man,
      he humbled himself
      and became obedient to death—
         even death on a cross!
 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
      and gave him the name that is above every name,
 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.
Shining as Stars
 12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out the word of life."
Philippians 2:1-16a

we memorize this is contemporary worship ensemble class every semester. Having hidden this in my heart, I pray that it is what comes bubbling out of my heart as I speak.

happy new year

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment