Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Adventure Called Life Day 070...better is one day :)

today at River Tree we talked about Hope. Actually Andy talked about hope and I simply listened...

but today was good. service went without a hitch, but I think I could have helped with some worship words, Mitchell struggles a bit live, just like me. I find it hard to think of something directly on the spot, but i think being open to the spirit leading is important, but its also important to prepare, since we are human after all. I think God can use words that have been "hidden in our heart" more than just popping words into our hearts and out our minds. Its a little more complicated than that.

Sometimes I think that we become lazy, or just say "rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you" to sound spiritually savvy.

Psalm 119L11 says, "I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

I think that this verse is very important to a worship leader such as I myself. I think knowing Gods word, and actually memorizing it and hiding it away in my heart is very important, for:

"Out of the heart, the mouth speaks," Luke 6:45

that is reason enough for me to hide God's word away in my heart. If I want it to be a tool to use during worship (since that is truly a time when my heart does speak the most) I want things worth speaking bubbling out of my heart.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment