Monday, December 21, 2009

The Adventure Called Life Day 085...new faces...

I'm on Wellspring J again :) well, sort of! Jake Sinkovitz is my Road Manager and electric guitar, Eric is the ARM and the drummer, Marc Anderon is tech, Luke Paul is on bass, Jacob Barricault is on acoustic, Liz Sutton on keys/vocals, Marrisa LeClair is on vocals and then me on vocals as well :) so stoked.

at first I was dissapointed to not be traveling with anyone from last summer. Those people blessed me last summer, and I wanted to travel again with them. God obviously has a different plan. It will be interesting to see how we work together. From who I know already, this is going to be an awesome summer! Marc called me like three times this morning and then left a message, "Hey Teammate" that was it. Priceless. so good!

so, I'll get over it. totally new team. new faces. new places. this is going to be an adventure. that's what I asked for wasn't it?

now its time to get on our knees. pray. so hard, our knees hurt :) that is one thing that we failed to do last summer. we didn't spend time everyday, outside of pre-service prayer, as a team in prayer. we would pray together right before we would play. that was all fine and dandy, but what about a daily devotion? what about prayer partners? something to keep building each other up. Now I'm not saying that Mitch didn't do his job as Chaplain, he did. however, we were all we new at this, and our leadership was new as well. so prayer was one thing that suffered in my opinion. so that's my resolve. to pray for each member of my team daily along with the campers and staff we will be working with this summer. this is such an important thing. I know that God moved this summer, I know that. I just want to be more open, more surrendered myself as i embark on this second chapter :)

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment