Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Adventure Called Life Day 074...im dreaming of a white christmas

(sings) im dreaming...of a white Christmas, just like the ones i used to know. where the tree tops glisten and children listen, to hear, sleigh bells in the snow...

well, while this is true for me, I am reminded that there are plenty of people who do not enjoy Christmas. At first I was naive and thought, "how can that be? Christmas is lovely," And I then was reminded that Christmas is the holiday with the highest rate of suicide. The holiday all about the greatest hope coming to Earth is Christmas, how can this be?

I do not have an answer, but I do know that I am extremely challenged by this fact. What can I do to help? I am a mere college student, with too many assignments, too many relationships, too little sleep and too little time to balance it all.

today I had devotional in choir. my other post today is "objects of desire" read that to read what I read to the choir. I chose to do a dramatic reading. I had two little anecdotes to link to the Christmas season, and i think it worked quite well. God definitely dropped this one right into my heart. I was so excited to share it!
so read it. i was blessed by it, you will be too.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment