Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 153...stories...

Today at River Tree Community Church, Rik Hilborn gave his testimony. I was so encouraged by it. He grew up in foster care, and was adopted by his foster parents. Then he found Jesus. Jesus didn't fix everything, but his personal relationship with Him offered hope, understanding and healing. Then he said something truly profound me to personally. 

you can argue theology, or doctrine, but you can't argue with someone's story. so true.

so why have I been trying to deny my own story. My parent's illness is just a piece of that story. why shouldn't it define me in some ways? Is that wrong. I don't think so. By having two parents that are seriously ill, i have been changed and shaped by that. and I have also found God in that. there should be no shame in that.

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment