Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Adventure Called LIfe Day 136...homesick...

so i wouldn't classify my mood as completely homesick, but its pretty close! I miss my family oh so much! I even miss my little brother, now that's quite amazing. LOL...

All kidding aside, I truly believe my family is the best there is. I am so blessed to have a strong support system like it. I am also very close with my grandparents and my aunt and uncle. So at holidays, there is constantly 8 of us, all the time. My favorite memories are of Christmases with all of us together, sitting in the living room, the television off, and talking and laughing for hours and hours. Its amazing to me that after all these years, and all that they have been through, we can sit in a room and actually talk with one another, rather than have to have something like the tv on to be a distraction, or that we're not yelling.

I don't know what exactly triggered this mood today. Maybe its just that I'm looking forward to going home this weekend. I am leaving Saturday morning for a Wedding, then I'm meeting my Mom, Grandma and Aunt Jan in Brighton for dinner and a movie. Sunday is going to be awesome. I'll go to church, then come home and watch the Daytona 500 with my father. I love NASCAR, and I adore my Dad. So this combination is just the best :)

well,  i need to get lunch, memorize some scripture and then take a nap before my 4 o clock class. Paul and I are planning to sit down and work through some music and scripture tonight around 6 for friday's worship gathering. I'm pumped :)

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment