Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 150...chosen...

I am chosen. To think that Christ died and shed his blood for me, so that he might live in me. Ron served communion to the Deeper crew last night, and I have never thought of it this way. Of course I thought of the bread as being Christ's body, but I have never thought of it as a fulfilling of his promise to use us if we surrender to his good and perfect will. Jesus' blood washes us, making us perfectly perfect, and when we accept his body, we are saying to Jesus, live in me, fill me with you and you alone, use me for your purposes and your glory. In some of my classes we have been discussing the body of Christ, and how it is not a metaphor but a reality. I guess I just had a "light bulb" moment last night.

so we are chosen. we are Gods way of proclaiming the Gospel. He desires to use us. us. WOW. he could use more perfect means, but he loves us so much, that he has chosen us to proclaim his hope, his promise, his love and his glory. wow. just wow. Ron said something last night that struck me, we should come undone at that thought. that Christ would use US as his instruments to proclaim the Gospel. wow.

the same power that conquered the grave lives in me lives in me
the same power that rescued the earth lives in me, lives in me

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment