Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 258...im with the band...

Today I got a call at 7:30am from my father. My parents have been searching for a car for my mother to drive. They found a 2003 Ford Escape. He wants to pick it up tonight. My mother has twisted her ankle and can't drive, so he needed help. Instead of just chilling as SAU, I first went back to sleep for a bit, then got up and packed my suitcase and drove the hour home. I did laundry, then headed to Brighton for some shopping.

First stop was Target, got another couple short sleeve shirts for summer and a pair of earrings. Then on to Payless, one of my favorite stores by far. I picked up a pair of flip flops to replace my falling apart ones, and I caved and splurged on a hat, an unnecessary scarf, and a pair of awesome kicks. The photos are up on facebook, but here are some just for fun...




The fun part is that the woman working in the store asked me as I shopped if I was in a band. She said my style screamed alternative. I laughed and said "sort of?" Then I proceeded to explain about Well Spring. She was interested so I told her about our first camp and how my team had really been great when I was sick and all. I was so excited to share a piece of our journey so far with someone else! She then said that she would be praying for us, so I also told her about the other teams. I thanked her and left, I never thought that buying shoes would turn in to an opportunity to share what God has been doing in my life! It was such a blessing. 

Tomorrow is just a chill day at home. I am looking forward to relaxing. I think I am going to head back to SAU on thursday, but on Friday for sure...we head out on Saturday morning for Marc's church then on to Scioto on Sunday!! 

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment