Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Adventure Called Life Day 254...coffee, girl talk, and vision...

im sitting in a coffee shop on the campus of Greenville, College. Rachel, a wonderful fellow worker at the camp took us ladies out for coffee and some time away from the camp. It was fun, we looked at engagement photographs on facebook, which of course made me think of my Zachariah :) I miss him so much! I know that this is where God has me for right now. Zachariah is still with me, every once and a while I will get reminded of him by something someone says, or a song I hear. Also there are times I find myself turning to one side, excited about something and wanting to tell him, as if I expect him to be right beside me. *sigh* some day soon right? oh yes.

For now, I am enjoying being on my own, surrounded by these awesome teammates of mine, doing the Lord's work. To think I get paid to travel to different places, show up to a camp, unpack our music stuff, say, "hello, we are your worship band for the week, anything else you would like us to do?" such a blessing! To be completely available to the camp like that just blesses my soul immensely. I'm convinced that we are designed for service like this, or at least I am. This is what truly gives life to my very being. Being used by the Lord to bless and love his people is the greatest thing I could ever do. To think I get paid to do this "job" just blows my mind all the time! How blessed I am Lord, thank you, let me not take this for granted. I love you! amen.

Eric is feeling much better. I think he might be back to normal. The other guys are well too. I am thankful for health. I am almost back to normal, Praise the Lord! Such a blessing! I lead, "Holding Nothing Back," by Jesus Culture. That song is tough, I challenges me vocally at every turn. I try not to beat myself up over it. By the end of the summer I am going to be a pro at that song :) Oh, and I also lead "Happy Day." I love that song, the hand motions are fun, even the adults were doing them! Oh how much I love to involve the adults that way, it makes my heart smile...

the vision I got today while sitting in the coffee shop was a possibility, a question, if you will. Is it possible for Christians today to internalize the joy, the sorrow, the pain, the mystery, of the stories of the Bible? For example, do we truly live like we believe that Christ is actually ALIVE? Shouldn't that makes us SHOUT FOR JOY? I would think so. Does this mean we need to actually have the Holy Spirit dwell within us, is that the root of the problem? I'm thinking that might be it. If we truly live with the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, then our strength is no longer sufficient, His is, our love is no longer sufficient, His is, our grace is no longer sufficient, His is. This is what it means to truly live...

well there's the start of another vision...thanks Lord...

cm

No comments:

Post a Comment