Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Adventure Called Life day 002

For the past two days it has been gray, drizzly, windy and cold outside. All I have wanted to do is curl up on the couch with a blanket, a book and a cup of tea. but alas, I have class. Actually I have a lot of class to go to. especially mondays. I have class at 9am then all the way until 9:15pm! Of course there are breaks in between, but it seems that mondays are always FULL. Tuesdays are not bad. I call tuesday and thursday my "music" days. I have private lessons, choral conducting, chamber singers, and concert choir on those days. That's it! Such a great way to spend the day. Its nice that I have those two days during the week to relax, and get things done for other classes.

Today I woke up, and for the first time in a long time I was actually thankful to be awake. Usually I groan and roll over shutting off my alarm as quick as I can, longing for more sleep. But today was different. Today I awoke to laughter coming from the living room and the shower running in the bathroom. Music was coming from a room somewhere in the house. I rolled over and laid there looking up at the ceiling, thankful for the sleep I had gotten, but also the day ahead. It was neat to have a few moments just being thankful to be alive. Hearing my housemates get ready for the day, and also the fact that I had awoken a full half hour before my alarm is supposed to go off, made me smile. I found myself praying for each of them, that they would have good days, accomplish all they needed to, but most importantly that they would walk with God today.

I have choir devotions today. I will be speaking about how I was led to SAU and where I am right now. I shared with Eric on Sunday night, my "testimony" about college and choosing to follow God's desire for my life instead of my own. I think I will read "a letter to myself." that I wrote a few weeks ago as encouragement and reminder to where I have come from, and how God has met me where I was at.

I am going to go and pray and prepare for that. I'll write again soon.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment